{recipe, kind of} Rainbow Rice Krispy Treats

It’s gray and dull outside, so I felt like sharing a colorful rainbow today. How about a big plate of rainbow Rice Krispy treats?

I don’t understand why, but if you make rice krispy treats with Fruity Pebbles cereal instead of Rice Krispies, people will act like you are a genius. Kids, adults, whatever- it amazes them that you thought of this. And I think they taste quite a bit more exciting than run-of-the-mill krispy treats!

Here’s how you make them: Make the original, standard Rice Krispy treats recipe, but use Fruity Pebbles instead. That’s it. I stacked these wedding cake-style with parchment rounds in between to make them seem fancy. You can use Cocoa Pebbles if you prefer, or even a mix of Cocoa Pebbles and Rice Krispies, but they won’t have quite the visual wow factor that only a sugary cereal’s neon food dyes can offer!

If you liked this post, you may also enjoy…

Print Friendly

8 comments

1 eliza { 11.28.11 at 6:34 pm }

Now you’ve got me wondering about all the other sugary cereals I could add sugar to and make bricks out of….. Corn pops? Capn’ Crunch Berries? The possibilities!

2 Caroline { 11.29.11 at 4:06 pm }

Brilliant!

3 mjskit { 12.10.11 at 2:14 pm }

If these were sitting on my counter I would have a very hard time keeping my fingers off them. They are SO pretty and look very, very tasty!
mjskit recently posted..Cranberry Bread – Tried and True

4 Tami { 01.22.12 at 2:32 pm }

Fruity Pebbles are also gluten-free unlike Rice Krispies, so it’s a great Gluten-Free alternative. One of those times when I prefer the gf way of cooking.

5 Karen { 01.22.12 at 6:57 pm }

Wow, Tami – I had no idea they were GF! Thanks so much for sharing that! :)

6 {recipe} Rainbow Fudge | off the (meat)hook { 02.15.12 at 10:16 pm }

[…] and knew I had to make it. (For a full-fledged adult in her mid-30s, it turns out I’m pretty into rainbows.) But, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have a couple of major issues with the […]

7 Eva { 12.25.15 at 3:51 am }

Any idea how many calories per srnvieg? And about how big a srnvieg is? I made these and have just been cutting blocks out of the pan b/c they are so yummy :)

8 Karen { 12.29.15 at 4:57 pm }

@Eva no clue on calories or serving size… sorry!